P3-Coiler Set Up/Operator
Status: Hourly (Non-Exempt)
City: Madison Heights, MI
Full/Part Time: Full
Salary/Wage: Competitive with Benefits
Sets up and operates one or more spring coiling machines that automatically coils compression, extension and torsion springs and/or rings from round, shaped, or flat wire according to blueprints and setup charts. Performs necessary machine adjustments and all required part checks to ensure maximum throughput and optimum product quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Will include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with team to deliver quality springs for each customer on time, every time.
- Ability to set up and adjust machine to make springs that conform to specifications. Control specified dimensions of produced parts and adjust machine for minor deviations.
- Control and maintain production speeds.
- Select and install required machine attachments and tooling.
- Verify material specifications using micrometer or caliper; mount and thread material through coiler.
- Adjust machine to attain specified tolerances.
- Complete first piece submission through trial runs, including stress relief, and measuring samples for conformance to specifications.
- Complete production and quality records, as required.
- When necessary, recommend changes to specifications to resolve production issues.
- Make tools and attachments.
- Perform preventive maintenance and complete forms.
- Measure springs for conformance to specifications using micrometers, calipers, gauges and load testers during all required part checks.
- Plot statistical data and perform minor adjustments to machine if given tolerance limits are exceeded.
- Sharpen cutoff tools and correct coiling marks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirement listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability. Reasoable accommodation mya be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 4-7 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to apply prior manufacturing experience and understanding to carry out spring making instructions unsupervised. Ability to anticipate and facilitate solutions to production issues.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to read and comprehend part specifications, blueprints, equipment manuals, production reports, and production schedules.. Ability to communicate with other team members and supervisor regarding production issues or concerns.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divided units of measurement. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standard situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individiduals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required to stand, walk, and use hands regularly. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee will encounter while performing th essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential job functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements.