Last modified: February 10, 2020
(collectively referred to in this Policy as the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website or any other of our Websites where it is posted.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Peterson or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
This Policy is incorporated by reference into the to which you agreed upon entering the Website, registering with us, requesting a quote, or signing up for our services. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, your choice is not to use the Website. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Policy periodically for updates.
This Policy explains:
- Children Under the Age of 18
The Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at: California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
- Information We Collect About You
We may collect, use, store and transfer several types of information from and about users of the Website which we have grouped together as follows:
Information by which you may be personally identified and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline is considered “Personal Information.”
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
- How We Collect Information
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct Interactions. The information we collect on or through the Website may include information directly provided to us by you, including:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our services, or requesting a quote or further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive information about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies or from third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, data brokers or aggregators
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with the Website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns as specified above. We collect this information by using cookies and other similar technologies (see Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies).
- Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store your preferences so we may customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
Certain features of the Website may use Flash cookies (local stored objects) instead of browser cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies and browser cookies use different management tools and you must manage their settings separately. For information about managing your Flash cookie privacy and security settings, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
The Website pages and e-mails may contain web beacons (small transparent embedded images or objects, also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count website page visitors or email readers, or to compile other similar statistics such as recording Website content popularity or verifying system and server integrity.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- How We Use Your Information
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To , or take steps linked to a contract between us. This includes:
- To fulfill your orders;
- To provide you with notices about your account and orders.
- To provide services or other products or services that you have requested from us, as instructed by you; and
- To process payments, billing, and collection.
- As required by us to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To exercise or defend our legal rights.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website.
- Ensure that we present the Website content in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Administer the Website and conduct internal operations, including for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Improve the Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- Protect the Website, employees or operations.
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- Make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- To communicate with you to keep you up-to-date on the latest developments, announcements, and other information about the Website and services.
- To contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form where we collect your data or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
- Necessary to comply with a legal obligation;
- Based on your , which may subsequently be withdrawn at any time by contacting us as stated in Consent to Transfer and Storage in the United States below, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregate information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To business partners, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who obligated to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all Peterson’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Peterson about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out to these disclosures. For more information see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Peterson, our customers, or others.
We may share non-personal information without restriction.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our own products and services, or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by
- Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal data with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to .
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to .
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way you can opt-out of receiving personalized ads from advertisers and ad networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or who follow the DAA Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising using their respective opt-out tools. The NAI’s opt-out tool can be found here and the DAA’s opt out tool can be found here.
- Links to Third-Party Websites. The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, or plug-ins enabling third-party features. If you follow a link to any third-party website or engage a third-party plug-in, please note that these third parties have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these third parties.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- Your California Privacy Rights
California “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at .
- Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page with a notice that the Policy has been updated on the Website home page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the Website’s home page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting the Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
- Contact and Opt-Out Information
You may contact us as provided below if: (a) you have questions or comments about our Policy; (b) wish to make corrections to any personally identifiable information you have provided; (c) want to opt-out from receiving future commercial correspondence, including emails, from us or our affiliated companies; or (d) wish to withdraw your consent to sharing your personally identifiable information with others.
We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits and features of the Website.
- Consent to Transfer and Storage in the United States
Peterson American Corporation dba Peterson Spring is a United States company. If you are visiting this Website from outside the United States, please be aware that you are sending information (including personal information) to the United States where our servers are located. By using the Services, or providing us with any information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer, processing, and storage of your information in the United States and other jurisdictions, which may not have data protection laws as comprehensive or protective as those in your country of residence or where you are a citizen. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States and other countries according to laws in those jurisdictions. Your information will also be disclosed to third parties as described in this Policy.
- Information for Persons in the European Union and European Economic Area
This section of the Policy applies only if you use the Website or otherwise provide us with personal data from a country that is a Member State of the European Union or European Economic Area (collectively, “EU”), and it supplements the information in the remainder of our Policy, above.
Peterson American Corporation dba Peterson Spring is a “controller” as that term is defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and other relevant data protection laws. Our contact information is in Contact and Opt-Out Information. We do not knowingly sell our services to children under the age of 18.
- Legal Basis for Data Processing.
Our legal bases to process personal information are set forth in How We Use Your Information above.
We will not use your personal information for taking any automated decisions affecting or creating profiles other than as described above.
- Disclosure of your Personal Data
We will disclose your personal information as set forth in Disclosure of Your Information above.
- Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us as set forth in Contact and Opt-Out Information.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- EU Data Subject Rights and Data Retention
The GDPR provides certain rights for EU data subjects. You can access information about you and update or correct it. In some cases, you can also ask us to erase it, restrict or stop processing, or provide data in a “portable” form, if feasible. You may withdraw consent (“opt-out”) if you have previously consented to any particular use of your information, such as receiving emails or text messages. For all such requests, contact . You may also decline to share certain personal data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide some of the features and functionality of the Website.
You have the right to object, at any time, to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We retain your personal information while you have an account with us and while you continue to use or visit the Website. We will retain your personal information for as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy, considering the time period reasonably necessary to provide our services to you; exercise the choices and rights you have requested; comply with our contractual obligations; enforce our Terms of Service; and, comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
You may make changes to the personal information collected by our account registration pages as described in the Accessing and Correcting Your Information section above. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you reasonable access to your personal information within 30 days of your access request to the contact address below. We provide this access so that you may review, make corrections, or request deletion of your personal data. If we cannot honor your request within 30 days, we will inform you when we will be able to provide such access. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access is denied. When technically feasible, at your request, we will provide your personal information to you or transmit it directly to another controller.
- Sole Statement
This Policy as posted on this Website is the sole statement of our Policy with respect to this Website, and no summary, modification, restatement or other version thereof, or other privacy statement or policy, in any form, is valid unless we post a new or revised policy to the Website.
To See Our Terms of Service